European law and litigation – services for UK lawyers
At Pierre Thomas Law, we are a team of multilingual personal injury and accident lawyers qualified in England & Wales, France and Spain.
We have extensive experience of dealing with cross-border and multijurisdictional matters, whether they touch substantive law issues or procedural requirements.
As a niche boutique law firm which specialises in European injury compensation, we are ideally placed to assist other lawyers who require assistance with their own cases beyond their usual jurisdiction.
Here are some examples of the services we can provide:
- CPR Part 35 foreign law expert reports (French & Spanish), when instructed by English Solicitors in the English jurisdiction. We have extensive experience of providing reports on liability and quantum issues and have access to all relevant databases and research material. In particular, we can provide quantum reports in personal injury cases by reference to the French Dintilhac Nomenclature and the Spanish Baremo.
We are fully aware of CPR Part 35 requirements and draft our reports in English. We have experience of working closely with the instructing solicitor and counsel and can give evidence in court. We also provide expert reports in French law and Spanish law to English-speaking lawyers in other jurisdictions, such as the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland and Scotland.
- French and Spanish law legal advice and consultations: in particular we can assist with assessing prospects of a potential claim.
- Acting as your agent in France, Belgium and Spain to:
- liaise with the police as to the investigations related to an accident
- obtain the police report
- obtain medical or hospital records
- represent your client at an inquest
- represent or assist your client (victim of an accident) at a criminal hearing
- liaise with French, Belgian and Spanish civil and criminal courts
- assist with pursuing a claim in the criminal injury compensation organisation
- assist with pursuing a claim in the French, Belgian or Spanish compensation body for accidents caused by an untraced or uninsured driver
- identify and/or locate the defendant and/or their insurer
- locate and/or instruct suitable investigators, bailiffs, accident reconstruction experts, liability experts, local standard experts, medico-legal experts, forensic accountants etc.
- Enforcement: we can also assist you with enforcing an English judgment or order in France and in Spain. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any advice especially in the current post-Brexit context.