UK law and litigation - services for European lawyers
At Pierre Thomas Law, we are a team of multilingual personal injury and accident lawyers qualified in England & Wales, France and Spain.
We have extensive experience of dealing with cross-border and multijurisdictional matters, whether they touch substantive law issues or procedural requirements.
As a niche boutique law firm which specialises in European injury compensation, we are ideally placed to assist other lawyers who require assistance with their own cases beyond their usual jurisdiction.
Here are some examples of the services we can provide:
- English law expert reports or certificats de coutume to be used in French Court proceedings. These can be drafted in French directly if required.
- English law advice and consultations for foreign lawyers: we would be delighted to assist with any enquiry you may have with a view to determining prospects of success in personal injury and accident claims, as well as related insurance and criminal law issues. We do also advise on contract law, consumer and commercial law. Do not hesitate to submit your enquiry and we will let you know if we are able to act.
- Acting as your agent in the UK to:
- liaise with the police as to the investigations related to an accident
- obtain the police report
- obtain medical or hospital records
- represent your client at an inquest
- represent or assist your client (victim of an accident) at a criminal hearing
- liaise with civil and criminal courts
- assist with pursuing a claim in the Criminal Injury Compensation Authority
- assist with pursuing a claim to the Motor Insurers Bureau (compensation body for accidents caused by an untraced or uninsured driver)
- identify and/or locate the defendant and/or their insurer
- locate and/or instruct suitable investigators, bailiffs, accident reconstruction experts, liability experts, local standard experts, medico-legal experts, forensic accountants etc.
- Enforcement: we can also assist you with enforcing a French, Belgian, Spanish judgment or order in England & Wales. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any advice especially in the current post-Brexit context.